I am soooo excited today to have Katie over at sharing an awesome tutorial!
If you haven't been over to her site you need to check it out ASAP! She posts some GREAT projects and we are so lucky to have her sharing with us today!
Hey there! I'm Katie, You can find me over on my blog- - where I post lots and lots of craft tutorials, inspiration, etc. I'm so excited to be guest posting here on Underground Vintage! I made this cute ruffled coffee cozy tutorial for you guys, hope you like it!
Supplies: 2 different fabrics, felt, sewing machine or needle and thread.
1. Download, print, and cut out the pattern for your cozy, here:
Pin your pattern to a piece of felt and fabric. Cut out. You should have 1 felt cozy, and 1 fabric cozy cut out. Also cut a 6"x3" piece of fabric, this will be your ruffle.
2. Take your 6" piece of fabric and sew a line down the middle- Do not back stitch!
3. Holding your fabric strip grab the front thread, and bunch up your fabric. this will give it the ruffled look.
4. Pin your ruffle to your fabric cozy, and sew down the middle a couple of times.
5. Place your felt cozy ontop of your fabric, right sides together, and sew around the edges, leaving one side open.
6. Flip it right side out through the opening you left.
7. Fold your cozy in half (right sides together)
8. Stitch the two sides together.
9. Flip right side out! voila! Now just go to your favorite café and treat your self to a caramel macchiato (or your favorite coffee) and slide your coffee cozy onto your cup! : )
Thanks so much for stopping in! I hope you all enjoyed this super cute tutorial as much as I did! I want to see pics if any of you sweet friends make some of these. These would make super cute gifts for those coffee drinkers in your life. Be sure to check out Punk Projects blog and show her some love!
Have a great week~